Cameron estate honey & blackberry mini cupcakes with gin syrup and rosemary & citrus butter cream
These little cakes are really delicious with a hint of rosemary and added citrus flavours in the butter cream. The longer you infuse the butter with the rosemary the stronger it becomes. This depends on your own taste, If you choose to skip the rosemary you can simply replace the infused butter to normal unsalted butter.
- 4 whole eggs
- 150 gr caster sugar
- 30 gr local honey, the more floral the better
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1.5 teaspoon glycerine
- 180gr flour
- 10gr baking powder
- 250gr clarified butter
- 1 piece of blackberry per mini cupcake
(blackberry or any berry your choice for garnishing)
- Zest the lemon, set aside.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool. Drain of the butter and discard the milk sediments, weight out 160gr.
- Using a kitchen mixer, cream the eggs, sugars and honey together until thick and pale, approximate 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Once the egg mix is ready, stir in the lemon zest and glycerine, and add the flour mix.
- Mix on slow speed until incorporated – about 15-20 second.
- Gradually mix in the melted butter and place the batter into piping bags.
- Pipe into cupcake moulds or if using silicone baking form then grease prior to piping in the mix. Top with a piece of blackberry.
- Bake on 170C oven for 7-8 minutes- check with a skewer.
- Once baked drizzle with the gin syrup, allow to cool.
- 50 ml gin mixed with 100 ml stock syrup (1:1 ratio water and sugar boiled together)
ROSEMARY BUTTER CREAM
- 180gr rosemary butter (2 block of butter, 1/4th bag of rosemary)
- 400gr icing sugar
- 1 lime zest
- 1/2 orange zest
- 3tbsp double cream
- Boil butter and rosemary together then infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain off the rosemary and the milk sediments, so your left with a clarified butter.
- Chill the butter until firm then cream out in a mixer with the icing sugar and both fruit zests. This will takes approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream.
- Pipe rosemary butter cream on the mini cupcake and decorate with fresh berries of your choice