GOLF - COVID-19 GUIDELINES
We have altered the way in which golf is played to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of all involved is maintained as play resumes.
Here’s what you need to know:
We ask that all members and guests follow the Government travel restrictions and do not travel 5 miles from your local authority boundary.
The golf shop is temporarily closed.
Toilets and changing room facilities are temporarily closed.
The driving range is open from 08.00 – 16.00 (last balls 14.30) – individual players only and not groups. Our practice area is only available to members, residents and on the day players.
Tee times are in 2 balls only up to 2 households. Our first time is 08.30 7 days with our last bookable time being 4pm due to lights (to play 9 we recommend no later than 2pm and 18 midday)
Rental push and power trollies available to hire, clubs are not at present
Buggies will now be blue badge holders only due to the winter conditions. We have two available, they must be pre booked prior to arriving and your blue badge must be shown on collection of the buggy. A decision on disabled buggy use will be made at 8am daily so please call ahead to check if they are on or not.
Please read the following guidelines carefully and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Golf course opening times for both courses – 08.30 – 16.00.
- Face coverings are essential for using the golf shop and toilet facilities indoors
- Tee times are restricted to a minimum of 10-minute intervals.
- Maximum numbers – 2 balls.
- Bookings to be made online only for up to 2 players.
- Please do not visit the golf course without a confirmed tee time.
- We strongly recommend match play golf at all times (ex competitions)
- All booking widows are now restored to your normal member privileges
- Do not visit the golf course if you are demonstrating any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Buggies must be pre-booked in advance to allow us to prepare these for your arrival. Collection of pre-booked buggies from the golf shop on the day.
- Please follow all Government guidelines here
ARRIVING AT THE CAMERON CLUB & WEE DEMON
- Arrive at the Club ready to play golf and put your golf shoes on in the car park.
- We ask that you arrive for your tee time no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your booked tee time
- Please park your car in the car park with consideration to the safety of yourself, other users and social distancing.
- The locker rooms will remain closed
- Proceed to the 1st tee with your playing partner no earlier than 5 minutes before your Tee time.
- The putting green and practice nets at The Carrick Golf Course can be used however only do so with consideration to the safety of yourself, other users and social distancing.
- If playing with another member not within your household we would ask that you keep 2 meters apart and consider the safety of yourself and your playing partner.
- You may be asked on occasion to show your membership card, please ensure you carry this at all times when playing golf.
ON THE COURSE
To reduce the potential for cross contamination, on course litter bin lids, bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have all been removed from use. Additional to these changes the following should be followed:
- Do not touch or remove the flagstick at any time.
- 12” gimme rule is recommended by all players.
- Do not swap score cards – please mark your own card.
- Do not share hired buggies.
- Do not shake hands on completion of your round.
- Outdoor shoe cleaner not available to use
- After your round we would ask that you do not congregate at the car park or golf shop and
- Leave immediately after your game of golf unless using the Clubhouse restaurant.
- The driving range will be open from 08.00 – 16.00 (last balls 14.30)
- Balls to be collected from the golf shop (card payment only)
- Max 1 person per bay
- Non tee range, fairway woods and irons only
- Max 1 person only on the short game area at any time
- Any unused balls please collect and return to the golf shop along with your basket
- Buggies are now blue badge only due to weather conditions, please call 01389 727 679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a buggy – max 1 household per buggy. Buggies cannot be hired after midday.
- Push and power trolleys limited to 10 and 4 respectively, to ensure you get one we advise pre booking.
- We will have designated sanitised and non-sanitised areas for you to collect and drop off your trolley, it is important that you adhere to this procedure to ensure peoples safety.
- All payment are in the shop and by card only
Check in, payment and scorecards are at the first tee (exact cash only and dropped into a box at the first tee) - Wee Demon non sweep competitions, simply collect a card and follow the below.
- Members mark their playing partner’s card and do not swap at any time.
- Covid 19 rules apply i.e. preferred lies in the bunkers and do not touch flagsticks, the ball must rest in the hole to be deemed “holed out”.
- On finishing your round all cards (only markers signature) to be dropped into a drop box at the clubhouse – Wee Demon members to drop into a box at the Marina reception or post through the door.
- Scores will be added by the team, we anticipate a 48 hour turn around for scores to be uploaded.
- Winnings (Carrick only) can only be collected a min of 72 hours after play from the golf shop.
Please note that tee times booked online cannot be cancelled once made. If any member wishes to cancel a tee time please contact the golf shop on 01389 727 679 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your support and cooperation.