GOLF - COVID-19 GUIDELINES
We have altered the way in which golf is played to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of all involved is maintained as play resumes.
Here’s what you need to know:
The golf shop is open from 7.45am to 6pm
The driving range is open from 7.45am – 6.30pm (last balls 6pm) – individual players only and not groups
Toilet facilities are from 7.45am - 6.30pm (Toilet facilities only, both locker rooms remain closed)
Tee times are in 4 balls and our first time is 8am (7am weekends for members medals, Carrick only) with the last time being 6pm
Rental push and power trollies available to hire, clubs are not at present
Buggies will now no longer require a blue badge or medical certificate but are 1 household per buggy (Carrick only)
Please read the following guidelines carefully and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Golf course opening times for both courses – 8am (7am Carrick only for members medals) - 6pm. The last bookable tee time is 6pm.
- We are only accepting reservations of six guests or less from no more than two households. We also require you to wear a face covering on arrival and when moving around the Golf Shop and The Clubhouse.
- Tee times are restricted to a minimum of 10-minute intervals.
- Maximum numbers – 4 balls unrestricted
- Bookings to be made online only for up to 4 players
- The professional shop will open from 07.45 – 18.00
- Please do not visit the golf course without a confirmed tee time.
- We strongly recommend match play golf at all times (ex competitions)
- All booking widows are now restored to your normal member privileges
- Do not visit the golf course if you are demonstrating any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Buggies must be pre-booked in advance to allow us to prepare these for your arrival. Collection of pre-booked buggies from the golf shop on the day.
- Please follow all Government guidelines here
ARRIVING AT THE CAMERON CLUB & WEE DEMON
- Arrive at the Club ready to play golf and put your golf shoes on in the car park.
- We ask that you arrive for your tee time no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your booked tee time.
- Check in with the starter at the 1st Tee (no check in at the golf shop unless purchasing or enquiring)
- Please park your car in the car park with consideration to the safety of yourself, other users and social distancing.
- The Locker rooms and Spa will remain closed.
- Toilet facilities will be accessible from 07.45 to 18.00 (Toilets only, locker rooms will remain closed) – max 1 person in each toilet at any one time.
- Buggies, push and power trollies are available, buggies must be pre booked in advanced and can be collected at the Pro shop, each rental item will be sanitised after each use.
- Proceed to the 1st tee with your playing partner no earlier than 5 minutes before your Tee time.
- The putting green and practice nets at The Carrick Golf Course can be used however only do so with consideration to the safety of yourself, other users and social distancing.
- If playing with another member not within your household we would ask that you keep 2 meters apart and consider the safety of yourself and your playing partner.
- You may be asked on occasion to show your membership card, please ensure you carry this at all times when playing golf.
- Scorecards will be provided at the 1st Tee.
ON THE COURSE
To reduce the potential for cross contamination, on course litter bin lids, bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have all been removed from use. Additional to these changes the following should be followed:
- Do not touch or remove the flagstick at any time.
- 12” gimme rule is recommended by all players.
- Do not swap score cards – please mark your own card.
- Do not share hired buggies.
- Do not shake hands on completion of your round.
- Outdoor shoe cleaner not available to use
- After your round we would ask that you do not congregate at the car park or golf shop and
- Leave immediately after your game of golf
To help keep you safe whilst you enjoy your round at The Carrick Golf & Wee Demon Courses we will have a Ranger service who will frequently circulate the golf course. The Ranger will help manage safety, maintain the golf course for members and guests and support you during your round.
Please do not feel offended if you are asked for proof of membership during you round.
All members’ bookings will be made on the basis of the additional Covid-19 terms and conditions being accepted.
- Golf shop opening times – 07.45 – 18.00.
- The shop will only be accessible for – purchasing and enquiries only. Check in will be at the 1st tee with the starter.
- Golf shop access is via the main doors and is limited to 2 members/guests at the one time, masks are mandatory should you be needing to come in to golf shop for any purposes – we will not allow guests/members inside the building without one.
- We encourage all members to use the sanitiser provided at the shop entrance prior to entering and exiting the shop
- Always keep 2m apart as per social distancing guidelines
- All payments to be contactless by card (No cash payments permitted).
Golf Shop Merchandise
- Please refrain from touching or picking up items of stock – if you need any assistance our team are here to help
- If you wish to try an item on please make one of our team aware
- Returns will be accepted – as per our normal T&C’s
- The driving range will be open from 07.45 – 18.30 (last balls 18.00)
- Balls to be collected from the golf shop (card payment only)
- Max 1 person per bay
- Non tee range, fairway woods and irons only
- Max 1 person only on the short game area at any time
- Any unused balls please collect and return to the golf shop along with your basket
- The toilet facilities situated in the Ladies & Gents golf locker rooms will be open from 07.45 to 18.00.
- Entry is via the Golf shop and limited to 1 person at a time, a face mask must be worn if you wish to use the toilet facilities.
- Hand wash and sanitiser will be provided
- There is no access to the locker rooms or shower facilities at present, toilets only
- Buggies are now non-medical or blue badge but must still be pre booked (max 6 buggies) – 01389 727 679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – max 1 household per buggy.
- Push and power trolleys limited to 10 and 4 respectively, to ensure you get one we advise pre booking.
- We will have designated sanitised and non-sanitised areas for you to collect and drop off your trolley, it is important that you adhere to this procedure to ensure peoples safety.
- All payment are in the shop and by card only
Check in, payment and scorecards are at the first tee (exact cash only and dropped into a box at the first tee) - Wee Demon non sweep competitions, simply collect a card and follow the below.
- Members mark their playing partner’s card and do not swap at any time.
- Covid 19 rules apply i.e. preferred lies in the bunkers and do not touch flagsticks, the ball must rest in the hole to be deemed “holed out”.
- On finishing your round all cards (only markers signature) to be dropped into a drop box at the clubhouse – Wee Demon members to drop into a box at the Marina reception or post through the door.
- Scores will be added by the team, we anticipate a 48 hour turn around for scores to be uploaded.
- Winnings (Carrick only) can only be collected a min of 72 hours after play from the golf shop.
When visiting our restaurants please follow the below:
Thank you for your support and cooperation.