GOLF REOPENS - COVID-19 GUIDELINES
We have altered the way in which golf is played to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of all involved is maintained as play resumes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Golf course opening times for both courses – 8am - 6pm. The last bookable tee time is 6pm.
- Tee times are restricted to a minimum of 10-minute intervals.
- Maximum numbers – 4 balls (max 3 households per tee time)
- Bookings to be made online only for up to 3 balls – household limits will be reviewed as soon as we can – 4 balls potentially allowed as we enter phase 3
- For 4 ball play (3 Households Maximum) please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The professional shop will open on the 6th July 07.45 – 18.00
- Please do not visit the golf course without a confirmed tee time.
- We strongly recommend match play golf at all times (ex competitions)
- Only one tee time per member to be booked per day.
- All booking widows are now restored to your normal member privileges
- Do not visit the golf course if you are demonstrating any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Buggies must be pre-booked in advance to allow us to prepare these for your arrival. Collection of pre-booked buggies from the golf shop on the day.
- Please follow all Government guidelines here
ARRIVING AT THE CAMERON CLUB AND WEE DEMON
- Arrive at the Club ready to play golf and put your golf shoes on in the car park.
- We ask that you arrive for your tee time no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your booked tee time.
- Check in with the starter at the 1st Tee (no check in at the golf shop unless purchasing or enquiring)
- Please park your car in the car park with consideration to the safety of yourself, other users and social distancing.
- The Locker rooms, Spa, Clubhouse bar & restaurant will remain closed.
- Toilet facilities will be accessible from 07.45 to 18.00 (Toilets only, locker rooms will remain closed) – max 1 person in the each toilet at any one time.
- Buggies, push and power trollies are available, buggies must be pre booked in advanced and can be collected at the Pro shop, each rental item will be sanitised after each use.
- Proceed to the 1st tee with your playing partner no earlier than 5 minutes before your Tee time.
- The putting green and practice nets at The Carrick Golf Course can be used however only do so with consideration to the safety of yourself, other users and social distancing.
- If playing with another member not within your household we would ask that you keep 2 meters apart and consider the safety of yourself and your playing partner.
- You may be asked on occasion to show your membership card, please ensure you carry this at all times when playing golf.
- Scorecards will be provided at the 1st Tee.
ON THE COURSE
To reduce the potential for cross contamination, on course litter bin lids, bunker rakes, benches and ball washers have all been removed from use. Additional to these changes the following should be followed:
- Do not touch or remove the flagstick at any time.
- 12” gimme rule is recommended by all players.
- Do not swap score cards – please mark your own card.
- Do not share hired disabled buggies.
- Do not shake hands on completion of your round.
- Outdoor shoe cleaner not available to use
- After your round we would ask that you do not congregate at the car park and leave immediately after your game of golf
We have now managed to secure topdressing for the greens’ surfaces. Topdressing is a fundamental requirement of delivering smooth, quick and dry surfaces. Many of you who have played will have noted the bird damage on some of the greens, the bumpy surfaces and general slow pace. Regular monthly (or more) topdressings fill holes and imperfection, improve ball roll and maintain a dry surface.
Our usual dressing is brown in colour however the new sand is white. There is no difference in the specification or quality.
Weather permitting, we plan to dress the greens very early on Monday 8th prior to play. This means that whilst there will be sand on the surfaces and a little picked up on the golf ball, the greens will be smoother, many of the holes will have gone and be a little quicker and improve throughout the week.
To help keep you safe whilst you enjoy your round at The Carrick Golf & Wee Demon Courses we will have a Ranger service who will frequently circulate the golf course. The Ranger will help manage safety, maintain the golf course for members and guests and support you during your round.
Please do not feel offended if you are asked for proof of membership during you round.
All members’ bookings will be made on the basis of the additional Covid-19 terms and conditions being accepted.
If you have any questions please contact the golf team, by email on email@example.com or Tel: 01389 7272 679