The Boat House Recipe
New England Clam Chowder Recipe - Sharing our Culinary Secrets
Bring the charm of The Boat House into your own kitchen with this delicious clam chowder recipe from our head chef. As autumn falls upon us, this dish is hearty and full of soul and uses some of the best ingredients available at the time of the year.
Clam Chowder Recipe - Serves 6
800g Diced potatoes
800g Diced leeks
200g Diced onion
400g Fresh clams
400g Fresh mussels
400g Smoked haddock
800ml Fish stock
200ml Double cream
- In a large pan saute half the potato and half the leek with all the onion over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add half the fish stock and bring to the boil, cooking until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream. Blend to a smooth soup.
- In a second pot saute the remaining leek and potato for 5 minutes, then add the remaining fish stock. Cook until tender then add to the smooth soup.
- Add the clam, mussel and smoked haddock to the soup
- Season to finish
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley