Terms and Conditions
Your rental contract is with Cameron House Lodges Ltd (CHLL), a company incorporated under the Companies Acts and having its registered office at One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS and company number 09831288.
The main hotel will reopen September 2021.
CHLL is following all Scottish Government guidelines relating to COVID-19. We reserve the right to make any changes necessary at any time to ensure the safety or our guests and staff members. Please ensure that you follow any applicable Scottish Government Coronavirus guidelines which may be applicable at the time of your visit.
Please read our Owner & Guest Charter, which explains our commitment to keeping you safe, and what we in return, ask of you.
Best Available Rates & Promotional Rates:
Full pre-payment will be taken either at, or shortly after, the time of booking.
Best available rates:
For arrivals up to 4 January 2022:
You’ll be able to make an amendment, get a credit note or receive a full refund if:
- You’re affected by government guidelines or we have to close due to Covid-19.
- You or a member of your party has a confirmed case of Covid-19, are awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test or if you’re required to isolate by Test & Protect / Test & Trace. We would require you to provide us with evidence to support this.
- You notify us by email of your intention to cancel at least 24hrs before you are due to arrive (i.e. by 5.00pm the day before).
If you need to cancel for any other reason, which isn’t Covid-19 related:
- Any cancellations made up to eight weeks before arrival will be eligible for a 70% refund.
- Any cancellations made within eight weeks of arrival – full payment forfeited.
Unless otherwise stated, any cancellations will be non-refundable and non-transferrable.
We do recommend that you obtain Holiday Insurance in case the need arises to have to cancel your reservation if the cancellation policy does not allow for a full refund.
What is included/excluded in the price that you have paid?
- Telephone and Electricity usage is metered and will be added to your bill upon departure. The electricity rates are set by the energy company that supplies the electricity. In addition, there is a minimal daily standing charge from the power company.
- Accommodation for up to the maximum number of guests in your lodge/apartment. A maximum of two infants in cots can be accommodated in addition to the maximum number referred to above. Highchairs and cots can be provided free of charge, however, these are limited in number and are subject to availability. We are unable to provide cot bedding so you will need to provide your own. Please contact the owner and guest services team to reserve.
- All bed linen and towels for the maximum number of guests in your lodge.
- Small supply of cleaning supplies, e.g. dishwasher powder, washing up liquid, washing powder will be provided in your lodge.
- Your lodge is fully serviced for your arrival following all Government Covid-19 guidelines. For more information on the steps we are taking, please visit our website.
Leisure Club Facilities
- While the hotel remains closed, all Cameron Lodges’ guests have use of the leisure facilities within the Cameron Spa. Children under 18yrs are only permitted to use the swimming pool within the Spa. Children’s swim times are 9.30am – 11am and 3pm – 5pm, 7 days per week. During school holidays, these times may be extended but please check before you arrive.
- Please note that some activities will incur an additional charge, e.g. Spa treatments, equipment hire and outdoor activities. You will be supplied with towels at the Spa. One adult may supervise two children. The Cameron Spa pool is intended for relaxation or swimming lengths and not for playing or splashing.
- Once the hotel re-opens, lodge guests staying in a Cameron House Lodge will have access to the leisure facilities within the hotel included in their rate. Access to the Cameron Spa will incur an additional charge. Guests staying within a Cameron Club lodge or apartment will have access to both the hotel and Cameron Spa leisure facilities.
Check-in / Check-out
- On the day of arrival, your lodge will be available to occupy from 5.00pm. While social distancing measures remain in place, check-in will be completed online before your arrival and you will be able to go straight to your lodge after your allotted check-in time. Your keys will be left in a key box outside the lodge and we will email you the code for this before arrival.
- While the hotel is closed, the main entrance to Cameron House is closed and access to the Resort is via the South entrance off the Old Luss Road in Balloch. A temporary Owner & Guest Services office is located within the car park opposite the Boat House. Full details of the opening hours of this office will be sent to you before you arrive.
- Similar to most hotel chains, Cameron Lodges’ policy requires all guests to provide credit card details on arrival. We will pre-authorise £200, which secures this amount but does not remove funds from your account.
- Full details of the procedures for checkout will be emailed to you before you arrive. Please note, however, that we ask you to vacate your lodge no later than 10.00am. Due to the enhanced sanitising procedures that are now in place, we cannot accept any late checkout requests. If you have not vacated your lodge by 10.00am, we will charge a late checkout fee of £100 per 30 minutes or part thereof.
- On departure, failure to return lodge keys will incur a charge of £45.00 per key to your credit/debit card.
- All rental reservations are subject to availability and we reserve the right to reallocate accommodation arrangements as necessary. Any move into alternative accommodation would be to the same or a higher standard.
- Price adjustments, promotions and discounted offers are introduced at the discretion of Cameron Lodges. All promotions and offers are subject to availability, cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discounted offer and may be withdrawn at any time. Retrospective refunds are not permitted against any price adjustment, promotion or discounted offer advertised after such time a booking is made.
- Rates quoted are inclusive of VAT.
- As the named resident, you are held responsible for ensuring that you do not exceed the occupancy limit of the lodge which you are occupying. This will vary depending on the size of your lodge and available beds.
- Persons making the reservation must be over the age of 21.
- Cameron Lodges reserves the right to carry out checks in any lodge at any time, particularly if the management suspect misuse of the lodge and its property or there are Health & Safety concerns.
- Guests are expected to use lodges with care and will be liable for any loss or damage to a lodge or its contents, regardless of whether this damage is the result of negligence or of acts committed by themselves or by other guests.
- Guests are expected to pay for any unreasonable breakages, damage or additional cleaning. An additional cleaning charge of £150 will apply if the lodge is found to have been left in an unacceptable condition. We reserve the right to seek compensation for any damage discovered at a later date.
- A good housekeeping deposit of £250.00 may be required at the discretion of Cameron Lodges and if required, will be advised at the time of booking. This deposit would be taken in the form of a pre-authorisation on check-in.
- No lodge shall be used for any illegal or immoral purpose or for any trade or business.
- No inflammable or explosive material should be stored or placed in or close to any lodge.
- Only the curtains and blinds in each lodge shall be used to cover or obstruct the windows of the lodge.
- Home entertainment equipment, musical instruments and similar equipment must be used in a way as to cause no annoyance or disturbance to any other guests. In particular, the volume of all equipment should be controlled so as not to be audible outside any lodge between 10.00pm and 9.00am.
- Cars must be parked only in designated parking areas for the appropriate lodge or any other building.
- Please note that all activities, facilities or amenities are subject to change without prior notice. To avoid disappointment, please get in touch with the reservations team at Cameron Lodges with any enquiries shortly before arrival.
In compliance with the UK public health laws, smoking is not permitted inside any property at Cameron Lodges. However, guests are permitted to smoke on the balcony/terrace area. We reserve the right to apply a minimum penalty fee of £250 to any guest found to be smoking inside their property.
Calls to 0333 003 8557 cost no more than the standard rate to geographic (01 and 02) landline numbers and is included in inclusive mobile minutes.
No pets or animals are permitted in the lodges. We reserve the right to apply a cleaning fee of £1,000 to any guest found to have a dog in their lodge and to request that the dog be removed from the lodge immediately. Please note that registered assistance dogs are the only exception to this rule and relevant documentation confirming this must be provided on check-in.
Cancellation/Amendments By Us
In the unlikely event that we have to change or cancel your reservation, we reserve the right to do so. If this does arise you can:
Accept the changed arrangements as notified;
Make an alternative arrangement with us or;
Cancel your reservation and receive a full refund of any monies paid.
We reserve the right to move your reservation into another lodge/apartment if necessary. Any such move would be into a property of a similar or higher standard than that booked.
Special Requests and Add-ons
Whilst every effort is made to fulfil your requests, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee these and failure to do so will not constitute a breach of contract.
Car parking is available but Cameron Lodges does not accept liability for any accidents, loss or damage incurred to vehicles or their contents.
Promotional Terms and Conditions
Terms & conditions applicable to a specific promotion may apply that may supersede the above terms. Please ask for further information.